Friday 3 September 2010

Hellooooo :)

Hello everyone and welcome to my new blog! I hope you enjoy it. This is basically going to be tracking my progress throughout my eating disorder; tracking the ups, the downs and the in betweens. So I just thought I'd give you a brief biography of myself before I get started with my blog, so you can get to know me.

I'm Emma, I'm 14 (15 next week) and I live in the North of England. I first became depressed when I was 11, after moving back to England for the start of secondary school. Secondary school in England was really different, and I didn't fit in. I never got bullied, but I got tormented and laughed at. I felt different, and I hated it. So I got more and more depressed everyday. My mum realised after a month or two what was going on and promised to make me a doctors appointment. I'm still waiting.

At about 12, I discovered self harm. It wasn't bad, but I began cutting myself up my arms. Never a huge, deep wound but it was still self harm. About a month after that, I began dieting. Because of my depression, my low self esteem and my depression I quickly slipped into an eating disorder. Since then, for the past 2 years, I have struggled. I've had ups and downs. Generally, I will fast/restrict for about 3-4 weeks, then binge and gain it all back. I'm stuck in this vicious cycle and I just can't get out.


So, any questions, let me know! :)

Love you all!
xxxxx

No comments:

Post a Comment